Saturday, October 8, 2011

The House that William Built

This Is My Dollhouse
  Nearly everything in in has a sentimental value to me.


My Grandfather on my Dad's side built it for me from scratch when I was four.  There is not one anywhere else like it. It's priceless to me. It contains memories of my childhood and my Grandfather.

I can still remember looking out my front window and seeing him walk up the driveway carrying it.

Naturally much of the furniture he had built for it is long gone. The dollhouse was falling apart. The carpet torn up, a room re painted bright red with sad and smiley faces allover, the windows busted out, siding, shingles and trim falling off and the front door removed completely.

I am now 21 about to turn 22. My ongoing goal has been for the past year or two, to restore my dollhouse and create an heirloom for my children and their children and their children after that.

I guess you could say this dollhouse is my most prized possession among other things. I have protected it from getting thrown out, lost, or destroyed (anymore then it already has) since I was mature enough to realize it's sentimental value.

I'm creating this blog to share with others my hobby, the sentimental meaning of everything going into my first dollhouse project, and to get and give advice and DIY ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment